- We only serve the best catch of the day. When it comes to crab we don't serve them small, meatless, with one claw missing, or with unevenly sized claws - only real export quality giants.
- We won't buy anything frozen, and we certainly don't freeze our seafood. The only use we've found for freezers is to store our food refuse for disposal.
- We know that all the fish in the sea can be eaten as sashimi. If a restaurant serves good quality seafood it should be able to serve it as sashimi. Many don't/can't/won't. We do.
- We treat all our ingredients with the utmost respect, using techniques which stem from japanese culinary philosophies and practices. These same principles are employed at the finest japanese restaurants, such as our sister restaurant nthonbashi.
- We consider forks and knives merely an option. We have specialised crab utensils to help you pry succulent crab meat from its shell, but digging in with your hands is not frowned upon.
- We aim to remind you that sri lanka is a beautiful island nation, which is reflected in the seafood available to us. Our oceans, unlike those in many southeast asian countries, are clean and this is why our seafood is simply amazing.
- We aim to be one of the lowest "food-mile" restaurants in the world; hence we do not import any major ingredients.
- We are proud of the reputation sri lankan crabs enjoy in singapore - thank you singapore! But we're even prouder of being the first institution in sri lanka dedicated to serving you the best of our crabs here in their home country.
- We will model our future menus based on this constitution. Do visit our website for specials as we keep plating trend-setting dishes.
- We are privileged to be serving you inside a building that was constructed over 400 years ago by the dutch. We designed this restaurant to exemplify the beauty and history of this building, using special methods in order to preserve the floor and walls. Your chair may wobble a bit, but we hope you will enjoy such charms!